Monday, October 21, 2013

The Business Idea Part II


Hi everyone! This is Marina Lauand writing, I am Danny’s partner . Born and raised in Brazil, 28 years old, with a dream that is about to come true!


Since we have already started to tell you our story, I am also going to talk about my journey in the United States and how our friendship and later on, our partnership started.


As many other Brazilians I came to the US in 2010 for the Au Pair Program.  I lived in Connecticut for one year and within that year I met a special man that would later become my husband. After my au pair year was over, we decided to continue with a hard overseas long distance relationship, until I finally moved in to the United States permanently.

                                       That is me and my future husband Michael

During one return visit to the lovely State of Michigan, I met Danny through a North American friend, who is one of my husband’s best friend.  Believe it or not, she was the first Brazilian I met, and that was a big  deal for me  since I was pretty lonely and missing my friends from home. As good traditional Brazilians we knew without asking each other that we had something in common: we both love and know how to make the delicious “little chocolate balls” known as Brigadeiro.

Girls night out

Even though we lived 45 minutes away, our friendship grew closer as time went by. The idea of opening a Brigadeiro business crossed my mind many times before I met Danny, but I've never had enough encouragement to do something like that.

One day, in one of our conversations, Danny said she dreamed about starting to make Brigadeiros to sell here and opening a business. Those lines sounded like a great idea to me! We figured out that every person that has tried out the traditional Brigadeiros love them and want more and more.

Since the candy is a ‘must have’ in the birthday parties in Brazil, we asked ourselves; why not make it a ‘must have’ in events here as well?


That’s when the idea became serious and we decided to put our efforts in making it happen.  So that is where we are in our journey right now.   We are feeling very positive and excited about and see it as another bright spot in our future!

2 comments: