Monday, October 14, 2013

The business Idea

The first blog post will be about the birth of Doce B Shop; Where the business idea came from? Why? When? How?

Before that, let me introduce myself. My name is Danielle Cecconi, I am 26 years old, born and raised in Brazil. The country of the deliciousness called Brigadeiro. I came to Michigan to get my Master degree in Management in Marketing at Walsh College and started working with BlackstoneLaunchpad in June, 2013 in order to open my business: Doce B Brigadeiro LLC.

Brigadeiro it’s been part of my life, and it was a “must have” in all of my birthday parties.


 
Here is a picture of my 7th Bday with my brother’s 9th, he is the silly one holding the balls. That’s the cake table, where we would get together to sing happy bday and that’s where usually the Brigadeiros were set.

The exciting thing about it is that as I started to get older I would help my mom make them, and it would be the highlight of my day because I always got to eat a few prior to the party. J

Long story short, I became a professional Brigadeiro maker! My favorite desert then, now and forever!

So when I first came to Michigan and noticed that Brigadeiro wasn’t known here, I had to make it and share with people. The more I started to meet Americans and other international people, the more Brigadeiro I had to make.

I got really involved with school and the International Student Organization there, so I decided to offer to bring my “Brazilian candy” to the events. And guess what? Everybody LOVED it!


 
Me and my candies at the Focus Hope Walk 2012, I made little Brazilian flags as a “business card”, and that’s when the business idea was born. Due to everybody’s feedback I noticed that I would have a chance and customers If I opened the business.


 
Here is when I made the candies for the International Day at Walsh College this year. At that point I was focusing on getting feedback from people, the more I had, the better. And I got 100% approval!

So as a 26 years old woman that is getting her master degree and has an entrepreneur mind, I saw a business opportunity coming together. I then had the opportunity to meet my Brazilian friend and partner Marina Lauanda. We got signed up at Blackstone Launchpad and the rest is story for the next posts. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Erin! I hope you will enjoy to follow our journey in opening "Doce B Shop".

    ReplyDelete